There has been a school in Glassford since the early 1700’s.
There have been three schools located in Glassford, the first in Townhead Street, the second built around 1923 in Alston Street, and the third being built on that site, due to open in 2016.
This picture was taken around 1896 and is a group photo of all pupils attending Glassford Primary School at that time.
This image shows the original Glassford School, located in Townhead Street.
This image shows the last group photo of Glassford Primary School pupils and teachers before the school closed for demolition in April 2014